Scientific Library of YSULS after V. Brusov was opened along with the establishment of the University in 1935. Retaining traditions of its predecessors, the Library is making active use of up-to-date techniques in all areas of its activities with the aim to increase the level of information provision of the scientific-educational set of the University. The Librarys mission is to provide the educational process with indispensable possibilities to access information and up-to-date services, to make comprehensive use of scientific-educational information resources in support of the research, teaching and learning. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
- Understand the needs of its users in cooperation with the faculties and research departments of YSULS;
- Build collections with relevant tools;
- Provide access to the use of books, local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation of funds, collections, at the same time providing permanent access to the use;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments in support of productive research and learning;
- Collaborate with scientific and educational departments of YSULS to enrich the research, teaching and learning;
- Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skills of its staff in accordance with current demands and professional standards.