- Understand the needs of its users in cooperation with the faculties and research departments of YSULS;
- Build collections with relevant tools;
- Provide access to the use of books, local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation of funds, collections, at the same time providing permanent access to the use;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments in support of productive research and learning;
- Collaborate with scientific and educational departments of YSULS to enrich the research, teaching and learning;
- Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skills of its staff in accordance with current demands and professional standards.
More information you may find in Wikipedia
YSULS academic staff, candidates, post-graduates and students may become a Library patron.
There is no membership payment at the Library of YSULS.
To obtain a Library card please present the following documents to the Circulation Desk:
reference from the human resources department and one 3x4 size photo
one 3x4 size photo (card is given based on the list provided by the scientific department)
student card and one 3x4 photo (Note: the Library card is issued at the beginning of the first term of the first year)
Patrons may borrow up to 12 books. Fiction is checked out for 10 days. Teaching materials or textbooks are checked out for one semester or one year. It is possible to renew the checked out items.
Patrons can order literature at the Circulation Desk two hours prior, or order via ONLINE LOAN.
CDs and DVDs are checked out for two days.
Rare books, encyclopedias, Ph.D. and master's thesis, non-published materials, and literature available in one copy may be used in the Reading Hall only. 3 books and 5 media items may be used at a time in the Reading Hall.
At the end of every academic year the student must hand back all the onhand literature.
In case of breaking the library rules, the patron will be deprived of the right to use the Library.
If the patron is dismissed or expelled from the university, he must return all the borrowed literature. The clearance chit will be signed only when the patron returns all the borrowed literature.